I know the title is a little late (the month is practically gone), but I am just so excited for January to be over. I have never been a fan. I love the holiday season, but once those have passed, I just want summer to come and January seems to take forever since it's cold and dark and there are no holidays. So once February comes, I feel like I can kind of see an end to winter and that makes me happy! This year, January didn't seem to take soooo long, perhaps that has something to do with having two busy kids this year. Some days are pretty hectic around here and I don't seem to get much accomplished. Colby has been busy with work and I am usually at home disciplining Korina. Her terrible two's came a little late, but she is making up for lost time. I just try and remember back to when she was my little angel. She is still a sweetheart, but boy she puts me to the test some days. And our little Mason is such a sweet little boy. I just love him so much! Especially because he is sleeping about 11 hours every night. What a good baby! He counters that with hardly sleeping at all during the day, which can get a little frustrating! He is so happy all the time and I love how chubby he is, a lot of rolls for me to pinch! He loves solid foods (like I knew he would), and his favorite of the vegetables so far is sweet potatoes. We try and get him to do some work on his tummy, but he just rolls right over to his back so he can kick his legs. Korina pretty much has to be right next to him if he's awake and lucky for her, Mason is pretty patient!
I decided to try and make some Valentine's treats with Korina this year and I would consider it a success. We ended up making some cupcakes and cookies.
We had a few messes and she probably ate too much raw cookie dough and frosting, but I'm pretty sure she had a good time.
And Mason put on his best outfit for Valentine's:
Colby and I were able to have a night out and for my present he got me a relaxing getaway for a body scrub and facial. I have to admit that I might be addicted now! It was so nice to get away for a couple hours and just relax. I love being a mom, but sometimes a little break is needed. Let's just hope that spring is around the corner so I can send Korina outside to get some energy out. And I'll work on actually posting something the same day I write it, I would consider that a success!
Other cute pictures that need to be shared:
One pillow is not enough when watching a movie!
One of my favorites
He's pretty much half her size already!
Good thing I didn't care about this one!



No comments:
Post a Comment