A couple weeks ago, I had the opportunity to stay overnight with our nephew Winston. Colby couldn't make it because of his allergies to their dogs. Anyway, it was brought to my attention that we have a baby coming in six months and I absolutely have no idea what to do with them. It's fine when they are happy and playful (refer to the above picture), but he was teething and was in pain and crying during the night. I was lying in bed hearing him and it hit me that taking care of a baby seems a little bit scary. Hopefully the mothering instincts will kick in and I won't be so paranoid when our own child gets sick during the night. At least I got a little taste of what is to come before it actually comes!
On the other hand, we are still very excited to have our own little angel coming. I'm finally starting to show and it's fun to tell everyone that we are having a baby. This pregnancy seems like it has lasted forever and I'm only 4 months along. At the same time, I can't believe we only have about 5 months until we are parents. I know it will go by a lot more quickly than we expect.



No comments:
Post a Comment