CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Merry Christmas!!...A Month Late


Let's see.... For the past two months, pretty much every day I think, "I should write on our blog (or in my journal)." And for whatever reason, I decide there is nothing important or interesting to write about and it doesn't happen. Then it gets to the point that it's been so long that I dread having to write so much in one sitting because things actually happen around here that I should write about! So my new goal is to write more frequent, but shorter posts. Maybe it won't seem so daunting that way. But since it's been a while since that last post, I guess a lot has happened, especially with the holidays and all.
So Thanksgiving was a disaster, we covered that! Thankfully Christmas was a whole lot better. We had about a week of celebrations with Colby's family since his siblings came in from out of town and there were a lot of activities going on to make sure that we got to spend quality time with each other. I can't believe how time flies when we think about how long they have lived out of state, but luckily they always fly in around Christmas so it's fun to catch up. We were able to get some box seats at a Grizzlies hockey game. The game wasn't so great, but it was fun to be there with a lot of friends and family. And of course Christmas Eve and day were really fun. Korina knew more of what was going on this year and was able to unwrap her presents. The only problem with that is she thought every present was hers to unwrap! Maybe next year we can work on reading names on the presents. Probably her favorite toy was a stroller for her doll that my mom gave her. She pushes it all over the house and we even took it to the mall and she covered a lot of ground. We also discovered a train and the carousel at the mall that she loves to go on. It's a great Friday night activity to get her out of the house and not spend too much money. She loves it and ends up saying "Choo Choo" for the rest of the week. Here's Korina with all her Christmas loot:

For New Year's, we got invited to a party so it was probably the first time since we've been married that we stayed up until midnight. I know, we are super boring! It was such a fun party though. We got to know our neighbors maybe a little too much by playing the Newlywed Game. There are no secrets left after playing that game. And the food was delicious. We got to taste an authentic Australian hamburger and we will definitely be making them again! It seems like we were just at that party a couple days ago and now it is already February. I certainly won't complain though because January is my least favorite month of them all. The weather is so cold and bland and it just seems to go by so slow. I guess now that I am looking back on it, it went kind of fast! Once we hit February, it seems I can see a little bit of summer ahead and that makes me happy. So hopefully you will hear from me in the near future. That is, only if you enjoy reading this blog.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I do enjoy reading your blog Jessica and I think it would be a good thing if you update more often. I find it not as overwhelming if I am just posting at least once a week even if it's just a random picture.
Thanks for the update.=)