CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 29, 2010

Craziness

That's how I feel the past month has been. And we only have one child! I can't imagine what it will be like when we have more. I have always wanted four, but I am being tested with just this one. Good thing they are so super cute!!
My plan was to post a picture of Thanksgiving, but that won't be happening. First off because I forgot to take our camera to the dinner. And second, because this year was pretty much as bad as last year. Which means I would like to forget that they ever happened! Last year, Korina started getting sick on Thanksgiving day while we were at my mom's house. Not to mention, as we were running out of the house, the juices from the pie I was carrying spilled all over the front of my shirt. So she was fussy the whole time at my mom's and we ended up leaving early. The next night at around 11:30, we were driving up to Primary Children's because she had a fever of 103. I just wish that she could have told us how miserable she was. She had come down with a mild case of RSV so we spent the next few days going back to a respiratory therapist so they could keep clearing out her nose and airways. It was torture on us having to pin her down to the table and hold her head still while she was screaming. I never want her to have to go through that again!
This year, luckily she was only teething so it wasn't quite as bad as the year before. Still, we didn't have what you would call an enjoyable time at dinner. We drove up to my cousin's house in Midway, but she was pretty good in the car. Once we got there, her nose was running non-stop, so we would have to get a tissue. Then that would make her cry and her nose would get even worse and the cycle continued like that the whole time. So again, we ended up leaving early even though there were family members there that we only see once, maybe twice, a year. The frustrating part was that as soon as we got in the car to drive home, her nose stopped running completely and she was as happy as could be! It seems she knew exactly what she was doing because once she knew we were going home, she cheered right up. We know that she is definitely a home body just like me, but at some point she will have to learn that she can't act up when we go places. We can only hope that next Thanksgiving will be a more pleasant experience.
Things are getting exciting with the company! Colby has put me in charge of internet orders to try and do some advertising and increase our online sales. November was our first month of trying out some advertising and giveaways and we have tripled the amount of our last highest month. We are very excited! As long as we always have some sort of promotion going on, our sales have really picked up. We are hoping to put something together with Groupon in the next month or so and that should really drive some traffic to our website.
As for the rest of our life, we are just staying busy getting ready for the holidays, but trying to take a moment every once in a while and just enjoy the season. I do love the holidays, but they are a little stressful at times and they pass by so quickly. Of course, when they are over, I am happy for a new year and the chance for a fresh start.
I caught this picture of the sunset a couple days ago, and I am glad it showed how beautiful it was that night.

And here is where Korina spends her time these days since she seems to be getting into more messes lately.

She's just a little too spoiled I think!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Talk about crazy. I hope things are better for you guys next Thanksgiving. That's never any fun especially around the holidays. See ya Friday!!