CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Commitment to do Better

So I was talking to a friend the other day and she asked if I had a blog that she could look at. I replied yes, but told her that I am horrible at updating it and hardly ever post anything. She then replied, "Oh, you're one of those people." Then I got to thinking, if she meant those as in someone who has a blog just to say that they have one but doesn't bother maintaining it, I realized she was right. Thus, here I am. Vowing to be better at updating our lives even if no one is reading about it. I guess my thinking this whole time has been that I don't consider our lives to be very exciting and so most of the time I don't know what I would write about for an update. Our lives seem to revolve around the same few topics every month so why would everyone want to hear about them over and over again? Maybe this is why I never write in my journal either. I know I should be better for the sake of leaving our history for our children and grandchildren, so this is my commitment to keeping a more updated and detailed blog. And if the writing is boring, at least I will post cute pictures of Korina!

First I will talk about the company. We had the 5 year anniversary on January 6th and we celebrated in style. We had the board meeting at Noah's in South Jordan and decided to cater with Subway and Cold Stone. That may not sound like style, but it beat having me make sandwiches out of rolls and supplying homemade dessert. It was certainly nice not to do as much work. It's awesome to see how far the company has come and how many changes it has gone through in only 5 years. We are still wanting to get bigger and better, but there is a tiny little light ahead as far as reaching a point where we feel stable and not worried that all the hard work would be in vain. It's definitely exciting and scary trying to grow, but if it all comes together, boy would that be amazing.

On to our little muffin. Isn't she just so cute? And she just surprises us and makes us laugh more everyday. We had her 9 month appointment a few days ago and from the way my arms feel after carrying her around all day, I thought for sure she would be over 20 pounds. She was only 18.8. One thing needs to happen: I gain some arm muscle, or she learns to crawl. I'm pretty sure the latter needs to happen. We think she is definitely capable of doing more than she shows. Is it possible we have a lazy baby? From my understanding, babies are curious and anxious to explore the world around them. They scoot and crawl and if they fall over, they work to get themselves back up. If Korina tips over, she must figure there's nothing she can do about it because she just lays there and continues to play. We put her on her tummy, but so far, we can only see the tiniest movement of her bending her knees. I'm definitely not complaining because everyone tells me when they start to move, nothing is ever the same anymore. I'm just hoping the light turns on for her soon so she doesn't get too far behind. And so we don't disappoint the doctor at her 12 month appointment. He told us she has a lot of work to do before then.
Finally, the same friend that urged me to actually write on it if I have a blog, said I should post the crafts that I finish along the way. Too bad for Colby, my newest hobby is crafting of any and every kind. I just love to make things! Whenever I tell him I'm excited about a new idea, he just says, "How much will it cost me?" Luckily for him, I mostly choose crafts that involve little materials or cost, they are just time consuming. I have crocheted for a while always making baby blankets since that's all I know, but I tapped into the tiny creative spot in my brain and made some scarves. I say tiny spot because I am not coming up with these crafts on my own. I admit that I look at other blogs and steal the ideas right off of them. Good thing for me there are a whole bunch of very creative thinkers out there and I appreciate them being willing to share their ideas. These crafts may not be anything special, but I might as well post some pictures since I have such a good time making them. So thanks Jackie for urging me to finally write on this blog and it's good to know I have a craft addict like me in the neighborhood.





































2 comments:

Jackie said...

You crack me up Jessica! I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for the invite so I can add you as one of my friends. And please please continue to post cause I'm interested in hearing about what's going on with your fam. and to see your crafts of course. We really need to get together.

Lisa said...

Your crafts are great Jessica! Your Mom made Tucker an alphabet blanket just like your green one when he was a baby. I've never gotten into knitting, so it looks hard to me.