CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to our Princess!



Korina's birthday came and went along with a whole bunch of other things that made the weeks crazy, which explains my lack of posts for about three weeks. Her birthday party turned out awesome except for some slightly cold weather, but luckily the rain stopped just in time. I did prefer that it was chilly instead of hot, especially when there is food outside. We had quite a few guests show up so it was a lot of fun and we hope that they had a good time as well. She was such a good baby the whole time and even kept her crown on during the whole party. I guess she just wanted to make sure that people knew it was her party and she was the princess. Her original birthday outfit included the skirt, but since it was chilly, I decided to put her in pants instead. You can never count on Utah weather I guess! By the way, can you believe those ears! I don't know who she got those from. Anyway, thanks to everyone who pitched in and helped and for Colby's parents letting us have it at their house. Also thank you for all the presents. Korina enjoyed every single one and had just as much fun with the boxes they came in. A one year old is easy to please I am finding out. And I did happen to get her quilt done in time for the party. I really enjoyed making it, but I think I will enjoy the next one since I won't be on a timeline. Luckily Korina enjoys looking at all the different patterns and playing hide and seek with it. I didn't want to do all that work and have her not even like it! These pictures were actually taken before I finished it, but the quilt is in her room right now and she's sleeping, so I don't want to risk taking it out. It's not a professional picture of the quilt, but you can get the idea of what it looked like.
Here she is playing hide and seek:

And here she is just giving me a great big smile to let me know she likes it:

No comments: