CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Two weeks left of being a baby

So you know that clip that is in her hair in the picture in my last post.... she ate it! That's right. Mental note to Colby and I, don't put her down for a nap with something in her hair, especially when she plays for the whole half hour and doesn't even sleep. Usually I would take the clip out, but we had friends over that night and Colby was the one to put her down, so I didn't even think about it until I was brushing her teeth that night. I asked Colby if he remembered it being in her hair when he put her down and he was pretty sure that it was and I was pretty sure that it wasn't there when I went to get her. So a little bit of panic set in when I searched her crib and the floor and couldn't find anything. I feared for the worst, but prayed that it would come out safely if she indeed did swallow it. So, 48 hours later, let's just say I found it. It wasn't the most pleasant experience I've gone through, but I was glad to know what happened.

On to a lighter note, we got her one year pictures taken the other day and they turned out so cute. She woke up that morning not feeling so great because she has a tooth coming in, but I knew she would be okay once she saw the cameras. She loves for the attention to be on her. She lit right up when we gave her some props to play with and a stranger to make her laugh. We've been lucky that both times we have taken her in, we were able to get some good shots. I would hate to plan the whole thing and have a grumpy baby to work with. I am excited to get the prints back and hang them up. Here's a peek of the ones we got:









I honestly can't believe it's been almost one year since we had her. She has changed so much and the time has gone way too fast. I miss her being a tiny baby, but at the same time, she keeps getting more and more fun as we start to see her personality come out. And she sure has a lot of personality! I finished her birthday outfit and I like how it turned out. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty sure Korina won't even notice. Let's keep our fingers crossed that I can finish her quilt in time. That project is not turning out perfect either!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Soo so cute Jessica! Did you make the skirt too? You are such a good mom! Those pictures are way too cute! I love the props they used.