CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don't worry! I haven't fallen back into my bad habit of not updating this blog. Lately, I have just been so busy with things going on with the company. I started going back to work at the company to help bag a couple times a week. I really don't mind that part thanks to the machine. That thing is awesome! We should have gotten one five years ago. Also, we recently got in with a company called Diamond Creations. They are in charge of the concessions for the E Center and Usana Amphitheatre as well as some other places. From the day they told us we were in, we only had one week until our first event. That is not a lot of time to build a booth, print banners and get everything else ready that goes along with it. Needless to say it was a stressful week. And every week we have anywhere from 1 to 4 events depending on the season. Right now we have hockey, arena football and concerts going on at the same time. It's a lot of work and time for the events and my only complaint is having to leave Korina with a babysitter each time. We miss her so much when we're gone for 5 or 6 hours. There is definitely an upside though. We get in to concerts for free just by being at out booths. Daughtry is coming next Thursday and Sugarland will be here on the 7th of May. Let's just say I am really looking forward to those events! Here's a look at our booth, nothing to fancy, but we think it looks pretty good.

With all of this going on, there hasn't been a lot of time or energy available for my crafting. The picture below is of a wet bag that I made a few weeks ago, but finally finished yesterday. It can be used when going to the pool to put wet swimsuits in so they don't get water on everything else. It turned out pretty good until I put the decoration on. It didn't quite turn into the vision I had in my head. I took the picture from far away so you can't see the details because the details on this one are not pretty! Anyway, I am still pleased with the way my quilt is coming together and I am hoping to have it done for Korina's birthday. That gives me one month exactly so I'm confident it will be done.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow! You guys have been busy. That is exciting for you guys though. I really like the way your booth turned out. Very appealing to the eye.
Also, your wet bag turned out super cute. I like the turtle.
When you aren't as busy, we will need to get together. I know Ben mentioned had told me he was talking to Colby about going to The Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. That would be fun.
Please let me know if you ever need a babysitter. =)