Anyone who knows me, knows I love food. Especially a good dessert. So how happy was I to find some delicious strawberries at the grocery store. This makes me even more excited for spring and warm weather to arrive. I love eating strawberry shortcake in the warmer months. It takes care of my sweet tooth, but allows me to still feel like I didn't just gain 5 pounds! Also, one of my favorite dessert ingredients is chocolate, so I had to incorporate it somehow. It was just the right amount to hit the spot and make the dish look amazing. Colby was even impressed with my drizzling technique. I may just have to make it again this week!
On to our little chunker! Yesterday, she hit the 10 month mark. I honestly can't believe how fast the time flies. I love every stage that she does something new, but I wish I could stop her from growing up. I need to be better at savoring every moment because they definitely will not last. I just thought I would recap some of the things she is able to do these days. She's such a smart little girl!
- I'll just start off by saying she is not crawling yet. I know it's expected, but let's be honest, she is just not interested
- She does wave bye-bye as of about 4 days ago, but only if she feels like it
- Something she does feel like doing is dancing. No matter what music she hears (even me singing the alphabet song), she moves her little body side to side
- She makes lots of different sounds and says "dad." I am counting that as her first word, although I'm not quite sure why it wasn't "mom"!
- She loves to play peek-a-boo. Even if you're not playing she will lift something over her head, bring it down and give a big smile. That's our cue to start playing!
- She also loves to clap, especially when she does something good, just to make sure that we noticed it too
- She has been turning the lights off for a couple of months now, to help us save money of course!
I know I'm not remembering everything, but it is so exciting when she figures out how to do new things. Hopefully one of those things will be crawling in the next couple of weeks. As for now, I'm not complaining because those little hands are not getting into things they shouldn't be.
She was pretty tired after dancing to a few songs.
Ready for church in her spring dress and flip flops.



1 comment:
She is so beautiful Jessica! I love her spring dress and those cute cute flip flops! Cute. Oh, and I found a wet bag tutorial on Little Bird Secrets. I don't know if that was somewhat similar to the sandwich bag you were looking for, but I think we should make a wet bag. It would be great to put a wet swimsuit in after swimming or even dirty clothes for our girls for the summer. Here is the link http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/search/label/sewing?updated-max=2009-05-21T00%3A00%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20
Post a Comment